Thursday, October 28, 2010

TOO MUCH! WAY TOO MUCH!





Well I am still in training for my 5K run next month, to really make sure I do this I went ahead and paid the fee. Now of course I can't back out or make any excuses so I am there. Running this event is as much a mental challenge as a physical one for me. I know that once I get this under my belt I will do other races and that makes me smile. ......Anyway have you ever heard this expression "Pain is just a weakness leaving your body"? That has to be the most DA thing I have ever heard. Pain is Pain it is just that simple..... But with all my so called training, running on the treadmill to build endurance, strengthening my leg muscles and then finally going outside to run and almost burning out my lungs. I have stayed outside to prepare myself for the run. I have let my other workouts fall to the side my Lifting, Zumba, Salsa and Spin classes. I am/was feeling a little guilty since I did my long run on Sunday, I thought I would not run Monday and instead go to the gym to do a leg (weight) workout. Well that I did....and pushed myself pretty hard considering I haven't been in there for a while. I figured I needed to make up for lost time. (Note to self running miles can be and is considered by some a leg workout.) Well Tuesday morning when I woke up OMG what the heck is going on with my legs I need to run but walking is a challenge. So I thought well I will go to the gym since I don't/can't /want to run and do an ab rotation and regular weight rotation instead. I got there and pushed it hard, (I sometimes (most of the time) think go hard or go home) was feeling pretty good so before I left I thought well go ahead and get some treadmill time in....quickly I realized that I could not run, so I decided that would walk on the treadmill with a slight incline at a pretty good click for 45minutes. During that time all was well, I felt fine and even thought you are back you can make up for this wasted day on Wednesday. Well Wednesday morning came and if I tell you that I literally rolled out of the bed believe me. My poor, poor body was in so much pain and ached in places that it had not ached before my chest, my arms and my legs were as stiff as boards, to walk yesterday was a real effort, walking was not natural it was almost as if my brain had to send an impulse down to my legs and say go move forward. So I decided not to do anything and allow my body to heal for a day. I was still so uncomfortable last night that I considered taking some Motrin or muscle relaxers (didn't). This morning I feel 50% better still sore but not to the point that I think my knees won't bend without authorization from my brain, so I hope I am back on track because my race is coming and it is challenging enough for me without adding unnecessary physical pain. I will not do any more leg (weight) exercises before the race and I will cut back on some of the other lifting until after the race. Today is Thursday and I will run and I have not run since Sunday but I will keep on.

No comments:

Post a Comment