Thursday, March 11, 2010

Bobby pins and Running shoes




I see the Diva told of our daily "workout" conversation. Today's conversation was about my head according to the Diva "I said my head is "perfectly round" and thus the headbands she was using to keep her hair outta her face was falling off. Bandanna - a no go to! Everything was sliding of her "perfectly round" head". Well I literally look like a hot mess when I am at the gym, by the time I finish my lifting circuit and then the cardio workout I am dripping in sweat, red in the face and my hair is dripping and what does not fit into the ponytail hangs in my face. So I have purchased a few (many) no slip headbands hence the comment about my "perfectly round head". However I have Hope, I discovered little bobby pins these may work.


I had another discovery today----- new running shoes, I have been need of a new pair so I hit the jackpot today bobby pins and running shoes. Well now with the new shoes I had no excuse to night not to run/walk. The shoes are wonderful and they ran/walk 13 laps around the high school track. The weather here is great so I am running outside (I am not much for running on treadmill), I started late this evening and stuck with, in fact track complex had gone dark. You know going around so many times it is hard to keep track of what lap your on so I do 13 to be sure I don't want to cheat myself. I worked a little more on form this evening, keeping the arms moving, not making fists and breathing and stretching out my stride. I run the straights and walk the curves. The Diva will be surprised in the words of Becca BRING ITTT! Yesterday, I walked between 4 and 5 miles and felt pretty good about it. Until I read Becca's and Gladys' blog and felt like a lazy lady. (I work out everyday, lazy?????) But I need those things as motivation, keep up the good work ladies.
p.s. I am walking tomorow, it is cardio day at the gym, I don't care what Becca, Gladys or the Diva have planned.


2 comments:

  1. You know you care. I can't WAIT to get my new shoes! Go US!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 13 laps around the track? That is great! I did my 1.25 mile run/walk on the treadmill tonight ater work. Wanted to take it outside, but it was dark and rainy. I feel you on the dripping with sweat at the gym! I look a hot mess after my workout. Good thing on the running shoes, too! I have Brooks that I bought from the place that sponsors my 5K training. They sized me for them and they feel wonderful! Keep it going, Lady!

    ReplyDelete