Monday, March 8, 2010

OMG!! Really? Why?



I go to the gym on a regular basis, I see things that I don't understand and wonder why. Perhaps you can help me understand why, why, why you would come to the gym in a pair of sweatpants that are too big, roll down the waist band to just above the crack of your butt, wear your (way) too small camisole and red (sexy kitty) bra to run on the treadmill? Did you think I wouldn't notice that you didn't have on underwear or maybe it wasn't me that you were hoping would notice. The gym brings in all kinds of folks including me, but some of my personal favorites have to be the:
  • "senior" men who come for social hour(s), they walk around in sweatsuits that are way too small pants pulled up to their chest and elastic around their ankles and look like they are 10 months pregnant and want to chat with anyone who will stand still,

  • or the "senior" who comes in street clothes, hair gel and gold necklace(s) to work out with 20lb weights.

  • OMG! did you really come to the gym to meet a man??? I guess I am so naive to believe that you may have come to the gym to work on your body, health. Help me understand, when I work out I sweat and I am not nearly as fresh as I was when I arrived at the gym, if you are working out how or why would you even consider getting close to someone? And if you aren't there to work out what about him? I guess he didn't either....boy I have been out of the game for a while.

  • Probably the one that leaves me really confused is why when I walk into the locker must you stand there in all your glory displaying your tattoo's in all those very private places. Also help me understand why oh why do you wear flip flops in the shower and sit your naked bottom on the same bench that I am sure is not has not been clean in how long? People put their shoes on that bench, drop their sweaty towels on it, sit their sweaty bottoms on it and who knows what else and you just put your naked bottom on it REALLY???!!!!! you had on flip flops? What makes you feel so confident to stand in front of me and not wrap a towel around your body, please be a little modest. I see parts of you that even you can't see without a 360 degree mirror. I am not a prude (well maybe a little) but WHY????!!!!



4 comments:

  1. Slayed in the spirit. The pic says it all to all that nastiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey now! Here via the Travel Diva. Just wanted to encourage you to stay in it - my loco friend has me doing the Insanity workout - if this doesn't kill me I'mma be fine as wine in another 7 weeks. I'll be back....be well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LMAO hahahaaa Hi Ms. Pattey.. came on ova via travel diva to help support you on your goals!!! you will survive and any questions on running or fitness in general I'm more than happy to help and share what I know!

    BK

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny! I recently saw a girl running in leggings..SHEER LEGGINGS...on the treadmill. I could see her drawls and everything. Ugh....

    ReplyDelete