Tuesday, March 16, 2010

OMG, have I fallen off the training wagon?


I am not sure what is going on with me. I have not been out to run/walk since Thursday, I have worked out daily at the gym. I have planned for the past two nights to get the run in but have not. I have the (special) shoes to run in and ordered a special training watch (very excited about that), still not enough to get me out there to run/walk those 13 laps. (Let me say this if when the "watch" arrives I do not run I will scream). The Diva is due in on Friday, I have to get some time in on the track before she arrives. I spoke with her today and she plans to take lots and lots of pictures of the two of us working out. If you haven't noticed she can be a little competitive, I think she wants to take pictures of me out of breath and gasping for air and maybe sweating like a pig. She will get the picture of the sweating thing, but I really don't want any of those gasping for air photos posted in her blog with a caption that is less than flattering under it. The Diva comes in a few times a year with the FireMarshall, the FireMarshall is here on business and we visit. We plan for the visits with either a shopping weekend (fun) or a home improvement weekend (fun) and now we have added fitness weekend (fun?) to our visits. This is the first time for fitness, the plan is to get some running in, go to the gym to workout, if I had a swimsuit I would like to get some swimming in. Becca has gotten me interested in the swimming I think I would like to add that to my workouts. Thank goodness I don't own a bike. Well I think I will give the run a try again tomorrow, wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. GET 'ER DONE...cause here I come! Bwaaahaaahaaa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, Pattey! You better get your run in before the TravelDiva arrives! Hurry, hurry! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be too hard on yourself about taking a "break". Consider it giving your body a rest and not falling off the wagon. Once you make it more positive and something that you want to do and not HAVE to do (because the big bad Diva is flying into town) it will be easier to get it done! Before long, you will be awakening to the sunshine and bursting at the seams to go outside for a run!! I can't wait to read about it!! You can and will do it regularly. Just commit and make it fun! Oh... and go and get a swim suit and hit the pool!! :)

    ReplyDelete